Advanced Apprenticeship - Sheet Metalwork, Manufacturing & Engineering
Open to applicants looking to develop a career in the manufacturing industry.
The detailed job description is below. You can find out more information about our apprenticeships HERE.
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A*-C including Maths (Higher Paper), Science and English
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship programme which enables the post holder to obtain qualifications which are achieved through a mixture of formal learning based on site and work place experience. As a manufacturing engineer the role will involve the use of a wide range of techniques and equipment to manufacture precision sheet metal components. Apprentices will be trained in all aspects of the production processes used within Hydram in the first year and then given the opportunity to specialise in year two.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements when on site, when performing duties in a safe and diligent manner.
- Complete a Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) Level 2 as part of a Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Mechanical Manufacture and a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology - Technical Certificate within an agreed timeframe as specified in your contract of employment.
- Attend and fully participate in all planned lectures; completing all course work on time and to a high standard as defined by the Apprenticeship Programme.
- Produce, maintain and be responsible for content, accuracy and assessment of Apprenticeship log books.
- Attend and fully participate in regular training and development reviews with line management, mentor or nominated representatives.
- Undertake a range of tasks on site suited to the Apprentices current level of training and development.
- Work under supervision to assist qualified setters, operators, technicians, engineers and managers as required.
- Understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Understand and comply with all Hydram’s policies and procedures.
- Take on additional work related responsibility in the second year of the Apprenticeship.
Development within Hydram Engineering for successful candidates gives the potential to continue study at HNC level following completion of the apprenticeship. Hydram encourages internal promotion and gives employees the opportunity to progress through the company structure.
Closing date for applications: 29th JUNE 2018
Hydram Sheet Metalwork is a leading supplier of sheet metal components, assemblies and light fabrications to customers throughout the UK.
This specialist precision sheet metal subcontractor occupies a 115,000 square foot site near junction 60 of the A1M in County Durham. Established in 1977 the business has continually invested in the latest production technology and capacity to ensure that its sheet metal processes are flexible, precise and efficient. The company has built a reputation for customer service, quality, and competitive prices and on time delivery.
In 2011 the Hydram became registered to carry out apprentice training in-house using its own engineers to deliver both theory and practical learning. And in the same year opened its own Apprentice Training Centre to first year apprentices, taking them through to Advanced Apprenticeship level 3 within two years, thus ensuring that their skills fully suit the sheet metalworking environment.
In 2015 Hydram became an Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) Accredited training centre allowing our apprentices to gain Engineering Technician (EngTech) status as part of their studies.
In December 2016 Hydram Engineering was awarded the “Made in the North East” Apprenticeship / Training Scheme award, this regional title recognises that the training Hydram deliver to its apprentices is one of the best in the region. In July 2017 Hydram will be up against the best training providers in the country for the National Title.
Hydram is also an EAL Recognised Centre enabling the delivery of a wide range of engineering qualifications.
Please see our Online Privacy Notice
Before supplying any personal details please view our Online Privacy Notice HEREApply here