Occupational Health and Safety Policy Statement of Intent
Hydram Engineering shall conform to specified standards of quality as laid down under standard ISO 9001 and shall do this in a safe manner, on a continual basis, by implementing and maintaining compliance to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system guidelines ISO45001.
Hydram will achieve its OH&S aims by adhering to the following principles:
- Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities and arrangements for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements and with other requirements which relate to OH&S and implementing programs and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Introducing control measures and monitoring to eliminate hazards and reduce the risks of injury and work-related ill health to the lowest reasonably practicable level.
- The continual improvement of our OH&S performance and management systems including the setting of objectives and targets against which our performance can be measured and regularly reviewed by senior management.
- Creating a positive attitude to OH&S where all employees are encouraged to put health & safety first, take care of themselves and others at work, and report anything dangerous without delay.
- A commitment to consult and co-operate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensuring that all managers and supervisors fulfil their OH&S duties, and respond to employee concerns appropriately.
- Ensuring appropriate OH&S equipment, plant, information, instruction, training and supervision are provided as is necessary, to achieve the stated objectives and targets requiring employees and contractors to conform to our standards at all times.
- Ergonomically fitting tasks to people thereby removing barriers to quality, productivity and safe human performance.
- Assessing the health risks which arise from the company’s work activities and to effect and maintain strategies so that controls are used to protect people’s health.
- Monitoring the achievement of our OH&S performance by way of regular inspections and audits.
The company OH&S policy is communicated to employees and distributed to interested parties and the public on request.
Date: 2nd October 2018